Falls Church, Va.
David Curtis presses his hand to his right ear. The car bomb should have killed him, he says. Instead, the blast burst his eardrum.
The day was July 31, 2007, and something's still not right. Mr. Curtis can hear, but sounds seem far away. Sometimes...
This content is available exclusively to Chronicle subscribers
Already a subscriber?
Log in now
Get insight into critical issues and the actionable analysis you need with a subscription to The Chronicle of Higher Education
Your subscription includes:
- In-depth articles about current issues faced by universities
- Data and analysis on the latest higher education trends, statistics, and salaries
- Special issues such as The Trends Report, Diversity in Academe, and The Almanac of Higher Education
- Chronicle Focus — comprehensive collections of news, commentary, and advice on the topics that matter on campuses today
- Daily Briefing - a subscriber-only newsletter