Strangers calling on a Friday night don't often bring good news. My wife begged me not to pick up. A tiny voice asked if he was speaking to a Mr. James Brandon McGirk. I told him he was. "A Mr. James McGirk who was born in London in 1979?" "Yes," I...
This content is available exclusively to Chronicle subscribers
Already a subscriber?
Log in now
Get insight into critical issues and the actionable analysis you need with a subscription to The Chronicle of Higher Education
Your subscription includes:
- In-depth articles about current issues faced by universities
- Data and analysis on the latest enrollment trends and statistics
- A searchable database of faculty and staff salaries at more than 4,700 colleges nationwide
- Special issues such as The Trends Report, Diversity in Academe, and The Almanac of Higher Education
- Daily Briefing - a subscriber-only newsletter