In Africa, some Sudanese gave up their teeth to fulfill their notion of beauty. Now refugees in Nebraska, they are getting replacements as a research team studies the results.
Doobuony Bukjiok was about 7 years old when a member of his Sudanese tribe...
This content is available exclusively to Chronicle subscribers
Already a subscriber?
Log in now
Get insight into critical issues and the actionable analysis you need with a subscription to The Chronicle of Higher Education
Your subscription includes:
- In-depth articles about current issues faced by universities
- Data and analysis on the latest enrollment trends and statistics
- A searchable database of faculty and staff salaries at more than 4,700 colleges nationwide
- Special issues such as The Trends Report, Diversity in Academe, and The Almanac of Higher Education
- Daily Briefing - a subscriber-only newsletter