Ann Arbor, Mich.
The screen saver on Stephen G. Bloom's iPhone displays a typical Iowa scene: a golden cornfield in late summer, flanked by a grain silo with a rainbow overhead.
"I happen to like Iowa," says Mr. Bloom, a professor of journalism at the University of...
This content is available exclusively to Chronicle subscribers
Already a subscriber?
Log in now
Get insight into critical issues and the actionable analysis you need with a subscription to The Chronicle of Higher Education
Your subscription includes:
- In-depth articles about current issues faced by universities
- Data and analysis on the latest higher education trends, statistics, and salaries
- Special issues such as The Trends Report, Diversity in Academe, and The Almanac of Higher Education
- Chronicle Focus — comprehensive collections of news, commentary, and advice on the topics that matter on campuses today
- Daily Briefing - a subscriber-only newsletter