At precisely 1:59 a.m. on Sunday, Joe Anderson will arise at his parents' home and begin reciting, by memory, the first thousand digits of pi: "3.14159265358979323846. ... "
Mr. Anderson has performed this exercise previously on Pi Day, an informal...
This content is available exclusively to Chronicle subscribers
Already a subscriber?
Log in now
Get insight into critical issues and the actionable analysis you need with a subscription to The Chronicle of Higher Education
Your subscription includes:
- In-depth articles about current issues faced by universities
- Data and analysis on the latest higher education trends, statistics, and salaries
- Special issues such as The Trends Report, Diversity in Academe, and The Almanac of Higher Education
- Chronicle Focus — comprehensive collections of news, commentary, and advice on the topics that matter on campuses today
- Daily Briefing - a subscriber-only newsletter