With his shoulders hunched and a cigarette in hand, Victor Ninov paces the edge of San Francisco Bay.
Four miles away and 600 feet up, his former workplace basks in the morning sun, set off amid stands of eucalyptus and pine. The lab in the Berkeley...
This content is available exclusively to Chronicle subscribers
Already a subscriber?
Log in now
Get insight into critical issues and the actionable analysis you need with a subscription to The Chronicle of Higher Education
Your subscription includes:
- In-depth articles about current issues faced by universities
- Data and analysis on the latest higher education trends, statistics, and salaries
- Special issues such as The Trends Report, Diversity in Academe, and The Almanac of Higher Education
- Chronicle Focus — comprehensive collections of news, commentary, and advice on the topics that matter on campuses today
- Daily Briefing - a subscriber-only newsletter