We're fat, you're fat, everybody's fat. According to recent estimates, nearly 59 million Americans are obese, meaning they are 30 pounds or more overweight. The U.S. surgeon general calls obesity an epidemic, but is fat really a public-health hazard...
This content is available exclusively to Chronicle subscribers
Already a subscriber?
Log in now
Get insight into critical issues and the actionable analysis you need with a subscription to The Chronicle of Higher Education
Your subscription includes:
- In-depth articles about current issues faced by universities
- Data and analysis on the latest enrollment trends and statistics
- A searchable database of faculty and staff salaries at more than 4,700 colleges nationwide
- Special issues such as The Trends Report, Diversity in Academe, and The Almanac of Higher Education
- Daily Briefing - a subscriber-only newsletter