High-profile scholarly boycotts aren't the only way to get a big publisher's attention. Sometimes all it takes is a tweet.
Not long ago, Heather A. Piwowar, a postdoctoral researcher at the University of British Columbia, found herself on the phone...
This content is available exclusively to Chronicle subscribers
Already a subscriber?
Log in now
Get insight into critical issues and the actionable analysis you need with a subscription to The Chronicle of Higher Education
Your subscription includes:
- In-depth articles about current issues faced by universities
- Data and analysis on the latest enrollment trends and statistics
- A searchable database of faculty and staff salaries at more than 4,700 colleges nationwide
- Special issues such as The Trends Report, Diversity in Academe, and The Almanac of Higher Education
- Daily Briefing - a subscriber-only newsletter