Sioux Center, Iowa
Here's one way to appreciate the challenges that Iowa's two dozen or so small private colleges face as the number of high-school students in the upper Midwest continues to fall: Head up U.S. 75 to this northwestern town of 6,500, pass the big Farmers...
This content is available exclusively to Chronicle subscribers
Already a subscriber?
Log in now
Get insight into critical issues and the actionable analysis you need with a subscription to The Chronicle of Higher Education
Your subscription includes:
- In-depth articles about current issues faced by universities
- Data and analysis on the latest enrollment trends and statistics
- A searchable database of faculty and staff salaries at more than 4,700 colleges nationwide
- Special issues such as The Trends Report, Diversity in Academe, and The Almanac of Higher Education
- Daily Briefing - a subscriber-only newsletter