When the Ohio University economist Richard Vedder thinks of his counterparts at Harvard, he sees more than just a great research university.
He sees shiny marble floors.
Such high-end decor is a signal, Mr. Vedder told lawmakers Wednesday on Capitol...
This content is available exclusively to Chronicle subscribers
Already a subscriber?
Log in now
Your subscription includes:
- In-depth articles about current issues faced by universities
- Data and analysis on the latest higher education trends, statistics, and salaries
- Special issues such as The Trends Report, Diversity in Academe, and The Almanac of Higher Education
- Chronicle Focus — comprehensive collections of news, commentary, and advice on the topics that matter on campuses today
- Daily Briefing - a subscriber-only newsletter