A sea change has occurred in the management of higher education: A new and highly influential class of professional administrators has emerged to manage the myriad services that colleges now provide.
That change is both necessary and worrisome...
This content is available exclusively to Chronicle subscribers
Already a subscriber?
Log in now
Your subscription includes:
- In-depth articles about current issues faced by universities
- Data and analysis on the latest higher education trends, statistics, and salaries
- Special issues such as The Trends Report, Diversity in Academe, and The Almanac of Higher Education
- Chronicle Focus — comprehensive collections of news, commentary, and advice on the topics that matter on campuses today
- Daily Briefing - a subscriber-only newsletter