Slocan, British Columbia
Here on the banks of the Slocan River, it takes imagination to envision the 32 domed, earth-covered pit-houses that constituted a village 3,000 years ago.
Little more than concave indentations now mark where they stood. Nathan Goodale is standing...
This content is available exclusively to Chronicle subscribers
Already a subscriber?
Log in now
Get insight into critical issues and the actionable analysis you need with a subscription to The Chronicle of Higher Education
Your subscription includes:
- In-depth articles about current issues faced by universities
- Data and analysis on the latest higher education trends, statistics, and salaries
- Special issues such as The Trends Report, Diversity in Academe, and The Almanac of Higher Education
- Chronicle Focus — comprehensive collections of news, commentary, and advice on the topics that matter on campuses today
- Daily Briefing - a subscriber-only newsletter