By a vote of 73 to 25, the Senate approved a bill last week that would increase the budget of the National Institutes of Health by $2-billion, to $17.6-billion, and raise the maximum Pell Grant by $200, to $3,325 for fiscal 2000.
The bill is more...
This content is available exclusively to Chronicle subscribers
Already a subscriber?
Log in now
Get insight into critical issues and the actionable analysis you need with a subscription to The Chronicle of Higher Education
Your subscription includes:
- In-depth articles about current issues faced by universities
- Data and analysis on the latest higher education trends, statistics, and salaries
- Special issues such as The Trends Report, Diversity in Academe, and The Almanac of Higher Education
- Chronicle Focus — comprehensive collections of news, commentary, and advice on the topics that matter on campuses today
- Daily Briefing - a subscriber-only newsletter