Sooner or later, the fall semester will start — and of course for some of us it already has. Here are some tips from the ProfHacker archives to help you navigate the transition.
Getting Ready to Teach
- Last year’s Archives post on Creating Syllabi includes links to great posts with 11 fast syllabus hacks, developing technology policies, designing for accessibility, and much more.
- Brian’s So Now You’re A Teacher is aimed at new instructors, but contains useful reminders for anyone heading back into the classroom.
- Some tips for learning student names
- Be prepared for medical emergencies in class
- Dealing with beginning of semester absences
Routines for a great semester
- George explains how to plan now to manage your future stress
- Anticipate the commute and prepare now.
- Anastasia sets some teaching resolutions for the new semester
- Heather offers a great checklist for the new semester of organizational tasks
- And remember: there are at least five reasons the first week is not like the rest.
[Creative Commons licensed image by Flickr user KT King]
How are you getting ready for the fall semester? Let us know in the comments!Return to Top