As you may (or may not) already know, today is “Global Accessibility Awareness Day.” Here at ProfHacker, we’ve written often about the importance of accessibility. Most recently — yesterday — Anastasia shared a post about making accessible games with Twine Audio.
What is “Global Accessibility Awareness Day” about?
- Several different public events are taking place, both online and in person.
- People are encouraged to “experience accessibility first-hand” for an hour, relying solely upon the technologies and strategies that people with different disabilities use with digital resources.
To learn more about Global Accessibility Awareness Day
- Visit the project web site,
- Explore their Pinterest pins,
- Follow @gbla11yday on Twitter.
- Join their Facebook page,
- Check out these blog posts and news items,
- Listen to WebAxe Podcast #95, or
How about you? Do you have any plan to observe this day? Alternately, what efforts are underway where you work aimed at addressing accessibility in digital environments for people with different disabilities? Let us know in the comments.Return to Top