I hope everyone has a safe weekend, and one that’s as relaxing or rewarding as possible. Let’s get right to the links:
- This collection is really useful: Charlottesville Syllabus: Readings on the History of Hate in America | JSTOR Daily
- Nicola Rivers and Dave Webster take up the impossible—but necessary!—task of Saying No to ‘Fun’ .
- I am finishing a draft of a book about internet-related things, and this headline is what keeps me up: I Bought a Book About the Internet From 1994 and None of the Links Worked – Motherboard
- A helpful reminder from Chris Bolin, and a nifty bit of coding: Offline Only.
- This is a remarkable story about soccer: Escaping Kakuma . It begins with a match in “the 16-team Kakuma Premier League, the elite soccer organization of the world’s third largest refugee camp located in the far reaches of northwest Kenya.”
It’s not a new song, but it’s always new to someone: John K. Samson performing “When I Write My Master’s Thesis”:Return to Top