• March 25, 2017
March 25, 2017, 11:37:03 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please Log In to participate in forums.
News: Talk online about your experiences as an adjunct, visiting assistant professor, postdoc, or other contract faculty member.

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: job-seekers healed by animals  (Read 6986 times)
gunsgermsandsteel

« on: January 15, 2008, 9:37:24 pm »

Hi job-seekers, you are hurt badly, but you can be healed.
Animals can heal you. Hug your pet(s) (dogs, cats, snakes, lizards, etc) for 10 min per day and you will be recovered.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2008, 9:38:00 pm by gunsgermsandsteel » Logged
nanoo

« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2008, 9:46:49 pm »

Ggs, if I didn't already know you from these fora I'd have thought this was a) spam or b) a headline from The Enquirer.  Good advice though, animals can be very calming. I'm off to try to hug my fish.
gunsgermsandsteel

« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2008, 9:48:59 pm »

Thank you. I am on my way to hug a horse.

If I sounded quirky earlier, that was because I needed to be healed by animals.
nanoo

« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2008, 9:53:13 pm »

I need to be healed by animals, or touched by an angel or even a noodle. Bet hugging your horse is more soothing than hugging my fish. Lucky!
dr_dre
Distinguished Senior Member

« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2008, 10:09:52 pm »

My turtle is not amused. The cats are game, though. And they don't understand the difference between "adjunct" and "TT faculty" at all. They just find me very impressive.
sikora
Gainfully employed

And so it goes, onward and upward

« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2008, 10:12:17 pm »

Without my Laika the cosmomutt, I'd be lost.  In space.

But she may be looking for a home.  Anybody in the Twin Cities area want to foster the bestest dog in te world?

If you're not doing clinical trials or trying to keep people in outer space, it's not worth getting all anxious about.
gennimom
Somewhat Southern (Have I really posted that much?)

Let's get summer over with! Me want snow!

« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2008, 10:26:16 pm »

I got to hug my horse for the first time since summer this evening. It was while I was introducing him to the person who may be leasing him.

Well, at least someone will have time to exercise him.

...only after reading gm's post, my new mantra is "always listen to gennimom".
Monday reeks! - Garfield
The outside of a horse is good for the inside of a person (or something like that).
zharkov
or, the modern Prometheus.

« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2008, 12:39:39 am »

Beagles, too.

Potnia theron and

« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2008, 1:21:17 am »

My turtle is not amused. The cats are game, though. And they don't understand the difference between "adjunct" and "TT faculty" at all. They just find me very impressive.

If your cats find you impressive, there is no doubt in my mind that you will be incredibly successful.  My cats find me to be a particularly recalcitrant kitten with a stunningly low I.Q. 

Especially with regard to window shades, the proper height for, at 6am.

"dr. mended_drum don't give a sh!t; she will chew me up like a cobra."
plantscience
Did you remember to water your plants?

« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2008, 1:24:14 am »

If your cats find you impressive, there is no doubt in my mind that you will be incredibly successful.  My cats find me to be a particularly recalcitrant kitten with a stunningly low I.Q. 

Especially with regard to window shades, the proper height for, at 6am.

Don't forget scratching at the sliding glass door. That's always a great thing to wake up to...at least I can open the catdoor so they can come and go and they please.

(We have to keep them locked in at night so a coyote or fox can't eat them).

Teaching growing techniques since 1991
iomhaigh

« Reply #10 on: January 16, 2008, 1:58:07 am »

You know, I was thinking, as I put off work for a few minutes, that the boards were being over-run by stressed out job seekers in the wake of AHA/ MLA, and then I found this thread.

This thread has reduced my desire to resurrect the sea turtle post for the job seekers, and yet it has made me wonder how it would feel to hug a sea turtle.  I imagine that newly hatched sea turtles would be squirmy, like puppies and kittens, but with a shell like Happy Fun Ball.  Old grizzly sea turtles, with stickers from their repeat trips to the Oxford Round Table, would likely crush me to death if I ever deigned to try to hug them.

I am the very model of a modern major general.
anon33

« Reply #11 on: January 16, 2008, 2:09:44 am »

NPR just educated me that a type of ancient rats were very huge.
How ancient? Anyway, as ancient as pre-ancient; they had existed before the emergence of humans.

The newly found fossil of a skull of such a rat is 1/2 meter long. Such a rat must be huge. NPR said that this kind of rat was vegan.

This kind of huge rat must heal us well.
wutan

« Reply #12 on: January 16, 2008, 3:45:59 am »

I want a dog to hug in the first place.  Maybe I will get one once I have time to settle down (probably after getting a position, though!).
donstefano

« Reply #13 on: January 16, 2008, 6:31:57 am »

Alternatively, you could get a girl/boyfriend and/or children, and hug them. These however tend to react somewhat more negatively when you tie them to a pole when going off on a holiday
gogators

« Reply #14 on: January 16, 2008, 9:25:39 am »

I got a puppy over the summer after striking out on the job market - he was my consulation prize to myself!  Best consulation prize ever, even if he still hasn't outgrown puppyhood and eats everything in sight. At least he's good for cuddling when the job market gets me down! :)
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: