• February 22, 2017
February 22, 2017, 1:50:24 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please Log In to participate in forums.
News: For all you tweeters, follow The Chronicle on Twitter.

Pages: 1 ... 194 195 [196]
  Print  
Author Topic: Random Thoughts  (Read 421491 times)
magnemite
no one of consequence, and a
Distinguished Senior Member

« Reply #2925 on: February 13, 2017, 5:34:24 pm »

I had thought I had a Cup o' Noodles for lunch, and posted that event in a more appropriate thread. Upon close review of the cup containing the Cup o' Noodles, I realize that the product is actually called Cup Noodles. When did the "o'" go away? Or was it ever there? Or, am I experiencing some multiverse cross-talk when I recall, in my past, very clearly enjoying Cup o' Noodles? Alternately, am I confusing Lipton Cup of Soup (Cup o' Soup?) with Nissin Cup Noodles? Finally, I do miss the past (whichever multiverse this contains), where the Cup o' Noodles had the small cubes of freeze-dried chicken bits...

may you ride eternal, shiny and chrome
melba_frilkins
Doing laundry.
Member-Moderator

« Reply #2926 on: February 13, 2017, 6:30:34 pm »

I had thought I had a Cup o' Noodles for lunch, and posted that event in a more appropriate thread. Upon close review of the cup containing the Cup o' Noodles, I realize that the product is actually called Cup Noodles. When did the "o'" go away? Or was it ever there? Or, am I experiencing some multiverse cross-talk when I recall, in my past, very clearly enjoying Cup o' Noodles? Alternately, am I confusing Lipton Cup of Soup (Cup o' Soup?) with Nissin Cup Noodles? Finally, I do miss the past (whichever multiverse this contains), where the Cup o' Noodles had the small cubes of freeze-dried chicken bits...

Apparently the "o" was there until about 1978, if some random person on Reddit is to be believed.

That or you were eating Cup-o-Noodles while reading the Berenstein Bears and hearing about the death of Mandela in the 1980s.

Light up the corners of your neighborhood with disco balls matched with dancing green and violet beams.
magnemite
no one of consequence, and a

« Reply #2927 on: February 13, 2017, 7:46:07 pm »

Apparently the "o" was there until about 1978, if some random person on Reddit is to be believed.

That or you were eating Cup-o-Noodles while reading the Berenstein Bears and hearing about the death of Mandela in the 1980s.

I am heartened to hear that there exists at least one universe where I was able to enjoy Cup-o-Noodles, with the freeze-dried chicken cubes, in a timeline that aligns with my recollections. Time to fire up a Blondie tape, or maybe Dire Straights, or perhaps the Cars...

may you ride eternal, shiny and chrome
mamselle

« Reply #2928 on: February 13, 2017, 7:59:25 pm »

I tried to find the Boston Ballet choreography to this by Bruce Marks from a summer long ago, but at least there's this...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xuZA6qiJVfU

M.
economizer

Words are at a loss for me.

« Reply #2929 on: February 13, 2017, 9:09:26 pm »

Diplomacy without pressure might better yield results and cooperation, you think?

So, I straightened the whole thing out and what do you think I got for doing it?  Really, just take a guess!
mystictechgal
Happy in my "full, rich adulthood", and as a
Member-Moderator

One step at a time

« Reply #2930 on: February 14, 2017, 2:17:58 am »

Diplomacy without pressure might better yield results and cooperation, you think?

Well, that's seems to be what the Vichy government thought, and Chamberlain, in England, was of similar mind. How'd that work out?

Of course, in those days the French and English governments weren't among the potential initiators of a world war. I guess that might change things -- if, of course, you actually want one of those.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2017, 2:23:16 am by mystictechgal » Logged

You must realize that a university cannot educate you. You must do that for yourself, although a college or university is the place where it is likely that you can study most efficiently.
http://www.lhup.edu/~dsimanek/chapman.htm

"Is all the same, only different" -- HL
baphd1996
You can't talk to me like that, I'm a

« Reply #2931 on: February 20, 2017, 9:52:50 am »

I'm going to a test writing committee with a colleague as representatives of our University.  Colleague can turn a 15 minute meeting into an hour, especially when he doesn't get his way.  I'm sort of excited to see how this is going to play out.  His section is never going to get out.

You're all wrong!
melba_frilkins
Doing laundry.
Member-Moderator

« Reply #2932 on: Yesterday at 04:47:07 pm »

I'm going to a test writing committee with a colleague as representatives of our University.  Colleague can turn a 15 minute meeting into an hour, especially when he doesn't get his way.  I'm sort of excited to see how this is going to play out.  His section is never going to get out.

Take separate cars.

Light up the corners of your neighborhood with disco balls matched with dancing green and violet beams.
economizer

Words are at a loss for me.

« Reply #2933 on: Today at 12:35:20 pm »

We've yet to hear from the west coast members.

So, I straightened the whole thing out and what do you think I got for doing it?  Really, just take a guess!
Pages: 1 ... 194 195 [196]
  Print  

Jump to: