• September 26, 2016
September 26, 2016, 11:49:15 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please Log In to participate in forums.
News: Talk about how to cope with chronic illness, disability, and other health issues in the academic workplace.

Poll
Question: Who, in your opinion, is more likely to utilize trickery or underhanded tact during the upcoming Pres. Debate  (Voting closed: Today at 11:15:55 am)
Mrs. Clinton - 2 (14.3%)
Mr. Trump - 10 (71.4%)
The Media Participants - 2 (14.3%)
Total Voters: 14

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Debate Trickery/Treachery Poll  (Read 517 times)
economizer
Distinguished Senior Member

Words are at a loss for me.

« on: September 24, 2016, 11:15:55 am »

This is about Monday's prime time debate.  Me? I have no affiliations and I am just looking for opinions from y'all!

By the way, are the four media participants questioners, moderators, or what?  I could not think of the right term?
« Last Edit: September 24, 2016, 11:18:02 am by economizer » Logged

So, I straightened the whole thing out and what do you think I got for doing it?  Really, just take a guess!
egjwho

« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2016, 12:50:07 pm »

Whatever underhanded tact is, I must learn it. To be tactful and underhanded at the same time seems like a valuable skill. I will not watch the debates. I don't want to hear about how HRC did not SMILE enough, or convincingly enough, or that her clothes were maw-maw.
egilson

« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2016, 12:55:14 pm »

You should probably add yourself as an option.

Stercus olet foedum, quo plus vertendo movetur.
--The more dung is stirred, the fouler it smells.
dr_alcott

« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2016, 1:34:43 pm »

You misspelled secretary.

You must be your own snow, Dr_Alcott.  You must lift, and sparkle, and then melt away.

I love everyone here!
yellowtractor
Vice-Provost of the University of the South-East Corner of Donkeyshire (formerly Donkeyshire Polytechnic) (a Post-1992 University) and also a

« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2016, 4:05:36 pm »

The underhanding.  The tactfulness.  The maw-maw.

It is, of course, possible that what I remember as terror was only a love too great to bear.
economizer

Words are at a loss for me.

« Reply #5 on: Yesterday at 03:00:27 pm »

1.egjwho

Re: Debate Trickery/Treachery Poll

Reply #1 on: Yesterday at 12:50:07 pm
Reply with quoteQuote 
Whatever underhanded tact is, I must learn it. To be tactful and underhanded at the same time seems like a valuable skill. I will not watch the debates. I don't want to hear about how HRC did not SMILE enough, or convincingly enough, or that her clothes were maw-maw.

1.  I see.

2.  egilson

You should probably add yourself as an option.
2. No, I shant.

3. dr_alcott
 3. It will be corrected if I create a poll for the next Presidential General Election debate.
 4. yellowtractor
Vice-Provost of the University of the South-East Corner of Donkeyshire (formerly Donkeyshire Polytechnic) (a Post-1992 University) and also a
4.  I did not want to use the word "treachery" in my question because to many candidates the "jerking" of his or her opposition in a political debate is good, clean fun!

So, I straightened the whole thing out and what do you think I got for doing it?  Really, just take a guess!
proftowanda

"Righter of wrongs, queen beyond compare."

« Reply #6 on: Yesterday at 08:33:39 pm »

+1

"Face it, girls.  I'm older, and I have more insurance."     -- Towanda!
yellowtractor

« Reply #7 on: Today at 02:13:15 pm »

I remember, once, as a child, borrowing a neighbor's rowboat and rowing out into the center of a lake--really it wasn't more than a large pond, but to my child-self it seemed like a lake--near where I grew up.  A sudden storm blew up, and in my panic I lost one of the oars.  In fear of my life I rowed around in circles for half an hour, all the while pelted with rain, until the thunder and lightning passed to the east.  Then I gave up and swam to shore.

Later, my neighbor was very irate, wondering who had taken his rowboat out and left it in the middle of the lake, with one oar in the boat and the other floating nearby.  I never told him I was borrowing the rowboat, you see.

It is, of course, possible that what I remember as terror was only a love too great to bear.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: