"favorite" student e-mails

<< < (4699/5950) > >>

blackadder:
Huh. Gone on vacation for a week and I missed a whole fight about rounding grades!
How do I add "churlish" to my moniker? :)

biomancer:
Quote from: blackadder on July 08, 2013,  2:47:30 pm

Huh. Gone on vacation for a week and I missed a whole fight about rounding grades!
How do I add "churlish" to my moniker? :)

Scroll up to the line that says 'Forum Home | Help | Search | Profile | My Messages  | Logout' and click Profile.

On the left side you'll see two menus:  'Profile Info' and 'Modify Profile'.  Under Modify Profile click  Forum Profile Information.

There are a bunch of spaces you can use for things.  Most of us only fill in Personal Text, Custom Title, and Signature. 

If you want it to say "Churlish Senior Member" put "Churlish" in "Custom Title", and the CHE Fora will automatically add "Senior Member" if you have 100<N<1000 posts.  ("Distinguished" shows up automatically at 1000 posts.) 

Your "Personal Text" shows up below the Member info (which the CHE sets automatically). 

octoprof:
This wasn't an email, but a message on homework turned in via blackboard. Context: every student in this course was given a WIFI enabled iPad.

Sorry I didn't turn in my homework last week. I was in <place Octo goes on vacation every year at least once, sometimes three times> and there's no wifi here.

HAHAHAHAHA! Really? I think you are mistaken! Google "free wifi cityname, statename" and not only do half the restaurants have free wifi, the city has free wifi spots all over the place (plus most condos have free wifi and this city is almost completely comprised of high rise condos, so there's a good change he was staying in one).

Clearly, this genius didn't think to google and look and didn't think to check ANYWHERE or ask anyone. I'm pretty sure his parents are going to be sorely disappointment once junior finally graduates and joins the family firm (and proves to dad what a lazybones and not very bright boy he is).

llanfair:
Quote from: octoprof on July 08, 2013,  3:36:25 pm

This wasn't an email, but a message on homework turned in via blackboard. Context: every student in this course was given a WIFI enabled iPad.

Sorry I didn't turn in my homework last week. I was in <place Octo goes on vacation every year at least once, sometimes three times> and there's no wifi here.

HAHAHAHAHA! Really? I think you are mistaken! Google "free wifi cityname, statename" and not only do half the restaurants have free wifi, the city has free wifi spots all over the place (plus most condos have free wifi and this city is almost completely comprised of high rise condos, so there's a good change he was staying in one).

Clearly, this genius didn't think to google and look and didn't think to check ANYWHERE or ask anyone. I'm pretty sure his parents are going to be sorely disappointment once junior finally graduates and joins the family firm (and proves to dad what a lazybones and not very bright boy he is).

Octo, when you get something this obviously false, do you call them on it? How do you phrase it?

I've been lied to a number of times, and I always fidget over the polite wording of "I call BS".

octoprof:
Quote from: llanfair on July 08, 2013,  3:40:47 pm

Quote from: octoprof on July 08, 2013,  3:36:25 pm

Octo, when you get something this obviously false, do you call them on it? How do you phrase it?

I've been lied to a number of times, and I always fidget over the polite wording of "I call BS".

In my online comments on his homework, I suggested he google (as above) and then I posted the appropriate LMGTFY.com link... I doubt the message will get through his hard head, though. He's a repeater. In the major. Mine isn't the only course he's flunked.  He's pretty dense, actually.  I think his parents are blind in that they can't see he's NOT going to be an asset to the family firm...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page