Words Students Don't Know

<< < (167/167)

melba_frilkins:
Quote from: verstrickt on February 27, 2017,  2:44:26 pm

Quote from: 0susanna on February 27, 2017, 11:54:25 am

Words students asked me to define last week:

patriarchy
hierarchy
godhead (which was more or less defined in the sentence context)
nymph
brooch

We live to serve.

For the next step of this assignment, please use all of the previously listed words in one sentence.

It's easy until I try to work in goodhead. But meanwhile lusting after this lovely nymph brooch.

I don't blame the students for not knowing what a brooch is. No one wheres them anymore. Our clothes are too slouchy to support a brooch anymore.

onthefringe:
Quote from: melba_frilkins on February 27, 2017,  6:25:39 pm

patriarchy
hierarchy
nymph
brooch

We live to serve.

For the next step of this assignment, please use all of the previously listed words in one sentence.

It's easy until I try to work in goodhead. But meanwhile lusting after this lovely nymph brooch.

I don't blame the students for not knowing what a brooch is. No one wheres them anymore. Our clothes are too slouchy to support a brooch anymore.

How about: Though the patriarchy placed the nymph below the godhead in the heirarchy of importance, the nymph poked god with her brooch anyway.

And by your logic, they shouldn't know what a belt is either (at least looking at students on my campus)

hpopyfrood:

patriarchy
hierarchy
nymph
brooch

We live to serve.

"Jane put smashing the patriarchy on her hierarchy of tasks for the day, giving a nod to the godhead of her movement, Athena, who was currently stylized as a frolicking wood nymph on the brooch she was using to stab her cheating spouse through the heart."  

Say, that was fun.  Give us more!

present_mirth:

patriarchy
hierarchy
nymph
brooch

We live to serve.

"The nymph, confronted with the godhead of lustful Apollo and aware that the twin forces of patriarchy and hierarchy were arrayed against her, nevertheless informed him that he must present her with the fabled Brooch of the Hesperides before she would yield her virtue."

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page