Bang Your Head on Your Desk - the thread of teaching despair!

<< < (1716/2853) > >>

blackadder:
Quote from: bioteacher on May 04, 2013,  7:55:05 pm

Quote from: mountainguy on May 04, 2013,  1:53:32 pm

Quote from: bioteacher on May 04, 2013,  1:34:16 pm

Blackadder, when these aspiring nurses fail the class, there is an open seat on the ever-expanding Throne of Lifesaving Dream Crushers with your name on it. The cup holders built into the throne arms are perfect for holding large glasses of Dear Ladies.

Can I join??

<stirs self a Dear Lady>

Of course, MG.

Ahh...this Throne is quite comfy! Thank you.

Looks like Porcupine might have a seat here too!

academic_cog:

-How to show pilcrows and other formatting symbols

I just learned a new word! And am now thinking of possible directions to go for a tattoo...

-How to glue headings to the text so you don't get "introduction" at the bottom of one page and its accompanying paragraph on the next page

I admit I don't know how to do this...

bioteacher:
The "Keep lines together" and "keep with next" paragraph commands are your friends.

porcupine:
Quote from: blackadder on May 04, 2013,  8:51:51 pm

Quote from: bioteacher on May 04, 2013,  7:55:05 pm

Quote from: mountainguy on May 04, 2013,  1:53:32 pm

Blackadder, when these aspiring nurses fail the class, there is an open seat on the ever-expanding Throne of Lifesaving Dream Crushers with your name on it. The cup holders built into the throne arms are perfect for holding large glasses of Dear Ladies.

Can I join??

<stirs self a Dear Lady>

Of course, MG.

Ahh...this Throne is quite comfy! Thank you.

Looks like Porcupine might have a seat here too!

Not so much - this one would actually be a good nurse and I'd like to seem him succeed. His problem is only ever having done multiple choice tests in high school, and then having had a few years of professors who gave him As for content and never helped him improve his writing, which is truly abysmal. He gets this and is willing to work - and has done really well on writing more effectively this semester - but is obviously freaking out.

lohai0:

-How to glue headings to the text so you don't get "introduction" at the bottom of one page and its accompanying paragraph on the next page

How does one do this? I've been ignoring this issue for my (gigantic) dissertation, but I'm almost down to formatting.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page