• February 21, 2017
February 21, 2017, 1:19:07 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please Log In to participate in forums.
News: For all you tweeters, follow The Chronicle on Twitter.

Pages: 1 ... 222 223 [224]
  Print  
Author Topic: All Things Uterine  (Read 1203448 times)
alto_stratus
Middle cloud,
Distinguished Senior Member

« Reply #3345 on: October 31, 2016, 3:01:48 pm »

Bumping the thread to vent a little. My periods have never been pleasant, but I've also never had to miss work before because of it. Today's a first, I guess.

Probably TMI, but my period has come about a week earlier than normal (cycle usually 33ish days, this one was 25) and with more clots. Mostly very small, but one was the size of a quarter. Plus I woke up this morning an hour before my alarm with cramps more painful than I even knew was possible. The pain was so intense I couldn't move, I broke out into a full-body sweat, I nearly threw up, etc. There was no way I was in a condition to deal with standing on public transportation for up to an hour. The pain intensity was comparable to the time I had an ovarian cyst, though I don't think that's what's happening this time because it has improved. I'm still weak, but only in normal-level period pain. I haven't yet decided whether I should make an appointment with the doctor since this is so unusual for me. I may wait and see if this period is just a fluke. Fibroids run in the family and they did find one when I had the operation on the ovarian cyst, so if anything, I bet that's the cause. Not sure what they'd even do about it unless I start having problems every cycle.

Props to all of you who deal with symptoms like this every month. I don't know how you manage.

This makes me think there's reason to at least call the doctor or NP and run the event past them to see what they think.
the_geneticist

« Reply #3346 on: October 31, 2016, 6:35:36 pm »

I had horrible, wake-you-up-in-the-night, dizzying, cramping periods with bad clots when I had my uterine fibroid.  I second the vote to go in.  A simple ultrasound will rule in (or out) fibroids.
luce373

« Reply #3347 on: October 31, 2016, 6:45:38 pm »

Thanks, alto_stratus and the_geneticist. I am between doctors right now, but you gave me the motivation to get over myself and find one. I will bring it up with my new PCP at my appointment in a few weeks.

Meanwhile, I'm feeling fine now. I'll hope it remains this way until the end of this period, at least.
Pages: 1 ... 222 223 [224]
  Print  

Jump to: