• March 29, 2017
March 29, 2017, 1:03:13 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please Log In to participate in forums.
News: For all you tweeters, follow The Chronicle on Twitter.

Pages: 1 ... 67 68 [69] 70 71 ... 74
  Print  
Author Topic: Trying to conceive  (Read 501230 times)
anonymath
Distinguished Senior Member

« Reply #1020 on: December 12, 2016, 5:51:22 pm »

Ooh, crossing my fingers for you, educprof13. I hope all your blastoffs are of good quality! I had a headache the first day too, but the same little reaction as you did. Did you also find the trigger shot to make you feel like your ovaries were going to explode?

Krisanthe, right now we're waiting on the genetic results of the blastocyst from the first donor. At the same time, they've released the next donor's eggs and we're waiting on the nurses to contact us to schedule the fertilization. If the one blastocyst is good, we'll hopefully be doing the transfer around the end of the month/beginning of next month. If not, it's another wait for the second batch of eggs. I was hoping to get the transfer out of the way before the start of next semester, but who knows...

As for the rest of your analysis, Anonymath, I agree.
blackadder

« Reply #1021 on: December 27, 2016, 1:06:26 am »

Best wishes for all those trying to conceive! I hope you are successful.
Haven't posted here in awhile but we finally had our baby girl (after 7 long years of trying) on Nov 11th. She was 5.5 weeks early and had to have a little tube feeding for a week in the NICU until her mouth and GI tract figured out how to suck from a bottle. But otherwise absolutely perfect. Big too! Was already 6.5 pounds at birth.

I, on the other hand, was hospitalized for 2 weeks prior due to preeclampsia. Got really scary in the last 48 hours and had a C-section. Really not that bad at all as far as major surgeries go...for me anyway.

So may the New Year bring your own blessings!
lucky_day

« Reply #1022 on: December 27, 2016, 3:12:19 am »

...we finally had our baby girl (after 7 long years of trying) on Nov 11th

Congratulations!

"A baby is God's opinion that life should go on... Never will a time come when the most marvelous recent invention is as marvelous as a newborn baby."
-Carl Sandburg, Remembrance Rock (1948)
educprof13

« Reply #1023 on: December 27, 2016, 4:51:58 pm »

Hi! Hope everyone is enjoying the holidays. Congratulations blackadder - it's nice to hear  success stories!

An update on me - all 4 blastocysts made it to day 5, and we just got the genetic screening results back. Two were "normal", the other two weren't. The transfer should be scheduled in the next few weeks! Here's hoping 2017 is a great year for all of us!
anonymath

« Reply #1024 on: December 28, 2016, 8:00:00 am »

Congrats blackadder! It's good to hear something good coming out of 2016!

educprof13, I think we may be transfer twins. The results from the first donor came back with one good blastocyst, but then radio silence from the doctor's office. I finally called a week later and they were ready to schedule the fertilization of the next eggs. When I asked about the one healthy blastocyst they seemed surprised I wanted ahead with the transfer. WTF, it only takes one good one, let's not waste this. So I'm scheduled for a transfer on the 10th, pending good results from the blood work and ultrasounds until then. From the second batch of 6 eggs, 5 fertilized. We should find out today how they're developing.

They've put me on an estrogen pill three times a day and a estrogen patch every three days. I don't know if it's a side effect or just a reaction to stress, but I've been having some fun panic attacks and insomnia. Bed rest is looking better all the time.

anonymath

« Reply #1025 on: January 02, 2017, 4:02:17 pm »

Sorry for the double posting, but I wanted to update:

From the second batch of 6 eggs, three made it to blastocyst and have been sent off for testing. The good news/bad news from the estradiol (pills 3x day, patch every three days) is that yes, the anxiety and panic attacks are probably because of the estrogen. However, my level still isn't where the Dr. wants it to be so I get to add another patch. I'm still having the anxiety and have panic attacks about twice a day or so, plus some fun insomnia at night, but at least I know its from the medication and not me finally losing it over fertility/start of the semester/Trump/whatever issues.

We should hear back about the three new blastocysts in about a week and a half. If my estrogen levels look good I'll start progesterone shots possibly on Thursday. So far transfer is still scheduled for the 10th.

educprof13

« Reply #1026 on: January 03, 2017, 1:32:15 pm »

Anonymath, you're right! Our timelines for the transfer are pretty close. I'm supposed to start the estrogen pills today and progesterone shots around the 16th for a transfer around the 21st.  I hope that the genetic results are good!!
macattack2

« Reply #1027 on: January 05, 2017, 10:49:55 am »

Anonymath and educprof13, hoping the transfers go well and September ends up being a very busy and exciting month for both of you!

I'm getting super frustrated as I think I've been sick one week,o week, of every month for the past four months. Now I have mono. I've typically been a pretty healthy, one-doctor-visit-a-year kind of person but this past year has been horrible. Trying not to be too frustrated, but when my husband mentioned he'd already written this month off since I was sick, I just cried. He was trying to be comforting...I think.
krisanthe

sciencerely

« Reply #1028 on: January 05, 2017, 11:39:55 am »

Ahhh... January is going to be exciting!  Best of luck to Anonymath and Educprof13!

My husband got tested (all clear!) so I finally got a prescription for Clomid.  I was trying to get it for two weeks and the office didn't get back with me until yesterday (day 4 of my cycle) and they told me I have to start Clomid on cycle day 3 so I have to wait until next month to start taking it.  

The doctor wanted to remind me that there is a 7% chance of twins.  I already knew this, but for some reason her little reminder freaked me out.  I'm scared, you guys.  I'm scared of being pregnant and giving birth.  I'm scared of the possibility of being pregnant with two (or more) babies.  I'm scared of the possible side effects of Clomid.  On the flip side, I'm scared that the Clomid won't work.

Am I crazy?

Edited to add: Macattack - I'm normally healthy too and I had a few months in 2015 where I was sick constantly.  First it was a cold then it was pink eye and then a sinus infection.  Then pink eye again, a stomach flu, and then an ear infection.  I was sick from November to March and then I was totally fine after that.  Hopefully this is just a strange phase that you will get over soon!

« Last Edit: January 05, 2017, 11:43:50 am by krisanthe » Logged

Sweet biscuits! Now I really HAVE heard it all.

If you are in to Oreos we can talk about it more.
anonymath

« Reply #1029 on: January 05, 2017, 5:04:58 pm »

For what it's worth, I was awfully sick the month we conceived my son naturally. I didn't want to even fool around, but my husband insisted we try so I wouldn't hate myself later. We only tried one time that month, but that was the one right time.

educprof13

« Reply #1030 on: January 08, 2017, 10:04:36 pm »

kristanthe - Glad to hear that you're able to start with the Clomid next month!!!  That's exciting! I definitely understand the freaking out, and don't think that you're crazy at all.  I keep having to remind myself to take things one step at a time. You can get through it!! 

Macattack, sorry to hear that you're sick! I hope that you get through this phase and feel better soon!
anonymath

« Reply #1031 on: January 08, 2017, 11:38:49 pm »

Well, I'm now on the progesterone and sesame oil shots. The good news is they're not as painful as I was expecting given what the nurses said. They even ordered me numbing patches to use before the shot but I don't think I'm going to need them. Sure the stick itself hurts as much as any needle does, but the oil doesn't hurt going in, so that's a big plus. And the muscle aches like you overworked it the next day, but I can live with that. I'm not sure if it's all in my head, but my anxiety levels also went down when I started the progesterone, so maybe I just needed the balance?

The only downside on the shots so far is the location, right over each buttock. My husband has to give the shot, which he's doing ok with. But he's off to a conference next weekend, so I'll get to self-administer in the thigh. And I've heard that one will be painful, although I'll have the numbing patches by then. It can't be worse than self-administering depo, which not only hurt from the needle and the muscle ache but the liquid itself also stung going in. Hopefully the resulting  muscle ache the next day won't stop me from being able to chase a toddler while I'm single parenting it.

The lining measurement came back good (9+ ) and my estrogen levels were also good, so I'm go for transfer Tuesday. We'll get the actual appointment time sometime tomorrow, but it should be in the early afternoon. I'll happily accept any prayers, chants, cat hair dances etc. Thanks!

microsb

« Reply #1032 on: January 09, 2017, 10:16:47 am »

The lining measurement came back good (9+ ) and my estrogen levels were also good, so I'm go for transfer Tuesday. We'll get the actual appointment time sometime tomorrow, but it should be in the early afternoon. I'll happily accept any prayers, chants, cat hair dances etc. Thanks!

In our household, we rub the dog's belly for good luck, so I will do that for you as often as she'll let me!!!
anonymath

« Reply #1033 on: January 11, 2017, 5:41:02 pm »

In our household, we rub the dog's belly for good luck, so I will do that for you as often as she'll let me!!!

I happily take dog belly rubs as good for both me and the doggie!

So had the transfer yesterday. You have to go in with a FULL bladder, and then the doctor was a little late so I was almost doing the potty dance on the table. Took the horsepill pain reliever they had told me to bring with me about an hour before the transfer. Once I was taken to the transfer room and the doctor arrived, he started playing disco! My husband and I are just looking at each other and cracking up...it was very surreal. It only took about 15 minutes, and other than a little pain when they put the catheter in, it wasn't too bad. We got to listen to Low Rider, I Wish, and Car Wash. In the middle of the transfer the doctor decides to make some jokes about my undergrad university (these jokes are very common in this area). Altogether, it was very funny and surreal. I'm on modified bed rest now till Thursday. Blood test on the 24th to see if it stuck.

I told the doctor about my plans for the PIO when my husband is out of town and he said I shouldn't use my thigh as I'd be unable to walk afterwards. So I'll go into his office on Friday and his nurse will administer early. And on Saturday one of his nurses will be at my campus for her child's class, so we'll meet up and she'll give me a shot at my office. I really like his nurses!

Also just got the PGS results from the second batch of donor eggs. Of the three blastocycts sampled, only one was normal. I was really hoping for three tries at this, and now we're down to two. Hopefully this one will stick!

krisanthe

sciencerely

« Reply #1034 on: January 12, 2017, 8:52:18 am »

Fingers crossed!  Looking forward to hearing good news on the 24th. 

Sweet biscuits! Now I really HAVE heard it all.

If you are in to Oreos we can talk about it more.
Pages: 1 ... 67 68 [69] 70 71 ... 74
  Print  

Jump to: