One of the lessons that many students seem to learn at college, and that some of them carry over into their alumni years, is how to drink to excess. The risky behavior can be associated with negative outcomes like illness, sexual assault, accidental death, even murder. This 44-page collection describes how hard it is for colleges to restrain drinking, especially with so many bars and liquor stores surrounding campuses and so many students encouraging their friends to drink.
This content is available exclusively to Chronicle subscribers
Already a subscriber?
Log in now
Get insight into critical issues and the actionable analysis you need with a subscription to The Chronicle of Higher Education
Your subscription includes:
- In-depth articles about current issues faced by universities
- Data and analysis on the latest enrollment trends and statistics
- A searchable database of faculty and staff salaries at more than 4,700 colleges nationwide
- Special issues such as The Trends Report, Diversity in Academe, and The Almanac of Higher Education
- Daily Briefing - a subscriber-only newsletter