A site license is the best way to provide unlimited access to The Chronicle of Higher Education for your staff, students, faculty, and administration whether on campus, at the office, or from home.
What is a site license?
You may be familiar with other terms publishers use such as, “institutional subscription”, “campus-wide subscription”, “site subscription”, or even “enterprise license”.
A Chronicle site license is unlimited access for your campus to all digital content provided under an annual contract agreement. It is a campus-wide subscription to articles on the chronicle.com website, along with other features including access to free newsletters and free reports.
A Site License Provides Access to:
- Unlimited digital access to Chronicle content, news, and data.
- Articles and essays dating back to 1989.
- Opinion pieces from leaders in higher education.
- Special issues like The Almanac of Higher Education and The Trends Report.
- Daily and weekly newsletters with the creation of a free account.
- Virtual events with topics for everyone on campus.
- Higher Education job board and salary comparison data.
- Customized institutional page that collects the Chronicle stories most relevant to your institution.
- The Librarian Resource Hub with marketing materials available to promote your site license on campus.
- Virtual orientation for new site license institutions.
To learn more about site license access or to get answers about your site license, visit our FAQ page.
Get more from your site license access by upgrading to receive report access!
The Chronicle is proud to offer our site-license customers a new upgrade option that unlocks access to two newsroom reports.
The Report Upgrade:
- Provides access to select Chronicle reports hosted on chronicle.com
- Allows all site license users access to the reports through their institutional or organizational page
- Enables access to two reports for the length of the site license annual term
- Allows institutions to select two new reports upon renewal
- The Accessible Campus
- Building a Faculty That Flourishes
- Building Tomorrow’s Workforce
- College as a Public Good
- The Future of Advising
- The Future of Campus Safety
- Reimagining the Student Experience
- The Research Driven University
- Solving Higher Ed’s Staffing Crisis
Current site-license customers can request the report upgrade at the time of renewal. New institutional or organizational site license customers can include the report upgrade at the start of their contract term.