In a major upset, Republican lawmakers on Thursday chose Rep. John A. Boehner, of Ohio, to be the new majority leader in the U.S. House of Representatives.
By a vote of 122 to 109, Mr. Boehner defeated Rep. Roy D. Blunt, of Missouri, who...
This content is available exclusively to Chronicle subscribers
Already a subscriber?
Log in now
Get insight into critical issues and the actionable analysis you need with a subscription to The Chronicle of Higher Education
Your subscription includes:
- In-depth articles about current issues faced by universities
- Data and analysis on the latest higher education trends, statistics, and salaries
- Special issues such as The Trends Report, Diversity in Academe, and The Almanac of Higher Education
- Chronicle Focus — comprehensive collections of news, commentary, and advice on the topics that matter on campuses today
- Daily Briefing - a subscriber-only newsletter